How To Prevent Spiders Around Your Granada Hills Home This Spring
March 15, 2023 - Spiders
When spring arrives in Granada Hills, people look forward to new flowers, a fresh start to the year, and spending more time outside. However, spiders also like to appear during this season, which can prove more than a nuisance. If you are a concerned homeowner, you want to know how to keep spiders away from your property.
You're not alone if you have concerns about venomous spiders hanging around your property or setting up webs. It's essential to learn about the common spiders in the area and how to best exclude them. Besides using helpful prevention tips, you'll want to have pest control in Granada Hills treat your home for spiders.
Types Of Spiders Found In Granada Hills
Spiders are arachnids, not insects, and there are many different types of spiders in Granada Hills. Get to know these fascinating creatures and whether they pose any harm or risk to your family, pets, or property. Here are some common house spiders to know:
- Brown recluse spiders – Be careful if you see this spider, which is 1/4 to 1/2 inches long, brown, and has a violin shape on its back. Its venomous bite can cause necrotic tissue, pain, and allergic reactions.
- Black widow spiders – Beware of this dangerous spider with a black, glossy body and an unmistakable red hourglass shape on its abdomen. They measure 1-1/2 to 1-3/8 inches long and stay close to the ground. Their bite is harmful to people and pets.
- Cellar spiders – Also called "daddy longlegs," these arachnids are light yellow or brown and measure 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch long. They are harmless and have long, spindly legs.
If you feel uncomfortable or unsure about executing spider removal, it's best to call the experts at Johnny Rat Pest Control for help. It's crucial to exercise caution when interacting with spiders that are harmful to people and pets.
Five Spring Spider Prevention Tips
Improve your home's defenses against spiders and use eco-friendly prevention tips to deter arachnids. Consider trying the following:
- Many spiders like to hang out in dark, damp areas like cellars and basements, so keep your home clean, well-lit, and free of clutter.
- Try to use citrus cleaners. Keep citrus fruit around, or spritz diluted citrus essential oils around your home to deter spiders.
- Regularly vacuum and remove spider webs and egg sacs around your house.
- Wipe down your home with a bit of vinegar, which is something that spiders cannot stand.
- Install screens for windows and doors, and seal cracks and crevices where spiders can enter your home.
If you are curious about how to prevent spiders from returning, schedule spider pest control treatments with Johnny Rat Pest Control. The best way to keep spiders away from your home and property is to use prevention and receive quarterly pest control services.
Why Professional Spider Control In Granada Hills Is Worth It
Let's face it, handling spiders can be downright creepy and sometimes hazardous. Plus, who wants to figure out how to dispose of egg sacs or apply spider control products around the house?
Instead of getting your hands dirty or fumbling with different sprays or powders that promise to eliminate spiders, let the pros handle it.
When you choose Johnny Rat Pest Control, you have a spider pest control company with over 15 years of experience. Since 2007, our technicians have used products and spider control techniques that are safe for people, pets, and the environment, but not spiders. Contact Johnny Rat Pest Control to treat your home if you want the best price for spider pest control in Granada Hills.
Call The Professionals Immediately If You See Spiders Around Your Home
When spiders invade your home, you can feel like a fly caught in a web, unsure of what to do. You need effective spider control solutions that eliminate spiders and prevent them from coming back.
Stop trying multiple DIY solutions or tolerating a spider invasion. Call Johnny Rat Pest Control. Our friendly pest control technicians will devise a custom plan to exclude spiders from your home permanently. Call us for the best way to get rid of spiders and schedule an inspection right away and learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Granada Hills.