How To Root Out The Hidden Roaches In Your Granada Hills Home
August 15, 2022 - Cockroaches
Did you know you could have cockroaches in your Granada Hills home without realizing it? Cockroaches are widespread pests in the area, and despite being such invasive invaders, they can also be quite sneaky. They are primarily nocturnal, so you might not see the roaches themselves when the infestation is just starting.
Luckily, there are ways to find roaches hiding throughout your home. The cockroach control experts at Johnny Rat Pest Control have assembled this guide on how to spot and remove cockroach infestations.
FAQ: Home Remedies For Roach Infestations
If you are looking for signs of roaches or think you already have them, you might have some questions about how to remove them. Many people have inquiries about DIY and at-home remedies for cockroach removal, so here's what you need to know about eliminating roaches yourself:
- Q: Can I remove cockroaches on my own? A: While you can try to handle cockroaches in Granada Hills by yourself, this approach is rarely effective. Cockroaches can hide in many places and reproduce quickly, so most DIY methods don't work.
- Q: Do household products work to remove cockroaches? A: Unfortunately, household products do not produce the results you need to eliminate the resilient cockroach.
While home remedies aren't very practical to remove a roach problem, there is help to be had from Granada Hills pest control experts.
How Long Will It Take To Get Rid Of Roaches In My Home?
Professional pest control is the best way to eliminate cockroaches from your home. But, you might wonder how long these services will take. After the initial treatment of the house and property, most of the roaches will die within the next one to two days.
However, it could take over a week to eradicate them. Our technicians will return with follow-up treatments if you notice any remaining roaches.
Finding The Roach Hiding Spots In Your Home
Most roaches, including the common German cockroach, are less than an inch long. Their small size allows them to hide in many cracks and crevices around your household, including inside appliances, behind wall hangings, and holes in the walls. It can be challenging to spot where cockroaches are hiding, but it's best to check at night for an infestation. Nighttime is when you're most likely to see roaches crawling around looking for food.
Some signs of an infestation include:
- Seeing brown smear marks from bed bug feces around walls and objects.
- Noticing a strong, musty odor that wasn't there before.
- Finding discarded eggshells and cockroach skins around appliances, furniture, or baseboards.
- Discovering the roaches themselves, which have long, local bodies and six legs.
If you still aren't sure if what you're seeing is cockroaches, call Johnny Rat Pest Control for an inspection.
Keeping Roaches In Granada Hills Away From Your Home Forever!
Cockroaches are not only disgusting, but they are also dangerous. They can transmit over 30 different illnesses and often spend time around garbage, sewage, and other gross things. It's best to take action to keep yourself and others around you safe from these problematic pests.
The most effective way for continual, reliable cockroach control is with the professional services of Johnny Rat Pest Control. Contact our office today to get started with an inspection or request a quote.